Making gazpacho can be totally easy and fast! Gazpacho is filled with vegetables, it’s low in sodium and ridiculously low in calories. Make sure to top it with avocado chunks for staying power. I love to make this for parties, too! I serve it little cups with one tortilla chip in it. Everyone goes crazy for it! It’s a gazpacho shooter. Make this on a Sunday and eat it for lunch. It’s perfect if you are on the #3DayJumpStart.
Use organic produce whenever possible!
- Two ribs of celery, chopped fine
- One red onion, chopped fine
- One English cucumber, chopped fine
- One red pepper, seeded, chopped fine
- One bunch of green onions (scallions)
- Five tomatoes, chopped fine
- One bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 ½ cups or more of Trader Joe’s organic, low-sodium tomato juice (or similar)
- one jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped fine (add more or less depending on how spicy you like it)
- Season with sea salt
- avocado chunks
- fresh lime
Blend it thoroughly in a blender in small batches or with a hand held blender stick (my fave).
If you are serving at a party, divide into small cups and stick a thick tortilla chip in it.